Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

I’ll be the first to admit that there is nothing sexy about these Grilled Rosemary Chicken Breasts. They are exactly what they sound like, BUT they are fast, easy, and consistently juicy.

And don’t we all need a fail-safe, go-to chicken breast recipe?

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

I abhor dry chicken, so over the years I have developed some easy cooking methods that consistently deliver moist, juicy chicken with minimal risk of over-cooking. Hooray!

The pan-sear and then bake method is one of my favorites like in this Easy Tomato Chicken Bake or this Maple Chipotle Barbecued Chicken (ignore the photos in this one; it’s one of our favorite dishes!).

And roasted chicken is always a safe bet.

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

But chicken in the grill pan is my new favorite method! I gave you a sneak peak on this fabulous salad!

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

A simple rub of salt, pepper and fresh rosemary are all you need to create a flavorful chicken breast that is as good on a salad as it is on it’s own!

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

My secret? Cooking the breasts under the weight of a cast iron pan. The cast iron pan has the same function as the bricks in “brick chicken” but it is something I actually have in my kitchen…unlike bricks…those belong outside. Just sayin’.

Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken

Perfectly cooked chicken in 12 minutes? Now that is something worth getting excited about!

Grilled Rosemary Chicken

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Yield: Serves 2-4

Grilled Rosemary Chicken

This Foolproof Grilled Rosemary Chicken is fast, easy and consistent! Moist, juicy chicken breasts in just under 12 minutes!

Ingredients

• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
  • 1 ½ tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Instructions

1. Preheat your grill pan (or grill) over medium heat until it is searing hot.
  2. While your pan preheats, chop your rosemary and combine with salt and pepper in a little bowl. Rinse and pat your chicken breasts dry and rub the rosemary mix on both sides. Set aside until your pan is finished heating.
  3. When it is searing hot, brush olive oil over the grates with a heat proof grill brush.
  4. Immediately place both chicken breasts in the grill pan towards the center but not touching. Place a 10” cast iron skillet on top of the chicken. You should cover the bottom of your skillet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup and zero cross contamination. Cook on first side for 5 minutes.
  5. Remove skillet and swap out the foil, flip chicken and place skillet back on top of the chicken. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes. For medium sized breasts I usually cook it a total of 8 minutes. Be sure to test with an instant read thermometer or, if you cook chicken frequently, you can probably press on it and know when it’s done.
  6. Remove from skillet, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
  7. Done! How easy was that?!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

Lol! Yay I’ve officially made the impossible happen – Sexy chicken! Thanks, girl. You’re the bestest!

Okay I need to buy a grill pan. The cast iron trick is ingenious! I’m pretty sure I lost my rosemary over the winter so I will have to plant more this year.
    Phillip recently posted…Jelly RollMy Profile

Not your rosemary!! It’s my favorite herb! I saw a rosemary plant in CA last year that looked more like a bush! It was OOC.

You totally should buy a grill pan! They are the best! I’ve seared steak and then put it in the oven or under a broiler and it also cooks fish beautifully on the stovetop without drying it out! Magic!

• says

The rosemary had lasted many years for me but it is a rather tender plant and this cold winter was brutal. It is a fast-growing plant so planting a new one isn’t too bad.

Do you have any grill pans you would recommend? I usually find good deals on kitchen stuff at Amazon but haven’t looked for one of those.

I hear rosemary grows like a weed! The one I use is Le Creuset which I got as a wedding gift. It is from Williams Sonoma. I’ll search for a comparable product on Amazon and see if I can’t add a link in the post.

lol! I would say they are an excellent pairing! ;-) I may or may not have had the same thing last night!

Thanks! Sometimes its the simple things in life…

Kayle and I did have a blast – she’s Ah-dorable! There was super rich hot chocolate involved, which always makes things twice as nice!

Definitely! It’s perfect for those days when you don’t want to fuss with complicated but you still want a delicious home cooked meal!

Thanks, Consuelo!! Isn’t dry chicken the worst?! The only thing worst than having dry chicken at home is paying for it at a restaurant! :-)

Thank you, thank you, Lindsey, for this recipe!!! I made it tonight for my family and everyone loved it. It will become a mainstay in our household – healthy, juicy, flavorful, fast, and easy. Actually it is good enough for a dinner party. I will try it with the salad tomorrow and will pass it along to my grown children. This recipe is a wonderful gift to your readers. Wow!!!

Thank you so much! You have no idea how happy this makes me, Josephine!! I am so pleased that you and your family loved it as much as we do! I have yet to try an easier more consistent way of cooking juicy chicken that doesn’t involve a sauce. It is really something special on the salad with the sweet potatoes!

3. joanna says

this chicken really is exceptional! i’m eating it right now with zucchini carbonara!! it was so easy and super flavorful.

Thank you so much Joanna! I’m so glad you like it! I make it all the time – including yesterday. :-) Zucchini carbonara sounds delicious, by the way!

4. Kelly says

This looks so delicious! I love rosemary. I’m sure it would be equally delicious with other herbs now that my herb garden is in overdrive.

Thanks Kelly! I’m sure it would be lovely with other herbs. I like to use rosemary because its hearty and it not only can stand up to the grill heat but it tastes better when cooked!

Trackbacks