This Vanilla American Buttercream recipe is smooth, creamy and not too sweet. It is the perfect easy frosting for cakes, cupcakes, brownies or blondies!
You know I am a die-hard Italian Meringue Buttercream girl. Nothing gets between me and my IMB...
Even I will admit at this point that there is a growing place in my kitchen for a tried and true American Buttercream. Nothing is easier, nothing comes together faster at a moment’s notice and nothing is more forgiving than American Buttercream.
There is also the nostalgia factor, which cannot be discounted.
Vanilla American Buttercream made easy!
- Please use unsalted butter. Crisco has its place in the kitchen but it isn’t in this buttercream.
- Eeep my butter is as hard as a rock! How am I going to make my Vanilla American Buttercream?! *Breathe* We’ve got this. Cut the butter into cubes and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer running on medium-high, use a kitchen torch to warm the butter from the outside. Move the torch around the outside of the bowl constantly. Don’t let it sit in one spot: the goal is the warm some butter and then allow that warmed butter to warm the rest. That way it is all soft and pliable for easy Vanilla American Buttercream magic. See me do this here!
- Don’t add all the sugar in at once. I've been impatient in the past and then paid for it because it takes longer for it to come together this way. Add a bit at a time like the cool, kitchen goddess that you are!
- Frost on with your beautiful Vanilla American Buttercream!
Not feeling the vanilla today? I've got you covered. For instance, check out this beautiful Double-Chocolate American Buttercream or Lemon American Buttercream for just the right boost to your favorite dessert!
Vanilla American Buttercream
- IIn the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, vanilla bean seeds until light and smooth.
- Switch to the whisk.
- Add cream and whisk on high until light and fluffy and white.